Highland Hill Farm ...Were Open 7 Days/Week...7am To 6pm
We ship from Fountainville Pa and Lenoir NC operations our trees and shrubs for homeowners, landscapers and garden centers. Call us at 215 651 8329 with your landscape questions. Bill Hirst
About Fall Plantings
Are Your Evergreens turning color in the fall? Reasons...
Arborvitae - Were Ready To Load Your Truck! We May Also Be Able To deliver and or Plant For You!!!
Yes, we have the ability to deliver and plant most of our trees and shrubs. We can deliver to most areas and in many cases we have the staff to plant the stock for you. We can also sell and install watering systems to help you maintain and establish your plants. Call us at 215 651 8329 ... or if you have any questions, please Email Us . My email address is admin@Zone5trees.com
Note if you pick up at the farm or just need them dropped off we will do that ....call 215 651 8329 for a price quote and availability.
The form of arborvitae is small, medium, or large depending on the cultivar. Some reach 50', others only 3'. Most prefer full sun to partial sun. Planting in dense shade conditions should be avoided. A moist , well drained, loamy soil in full sunlight are ideal conditions for growing healthy arborvitae. These plants will tolerate rocky, clay, urban conditions of heat drought and pollution. The most important pest we have is bagworms which must be controlled to prevent complete defoliation. Some cultivars have multiple leaders which also prove to be a detraction for the plant. Pruning out multiple leaders in some cultivars is a simple remedy.
Our most popular Arborvitae is the Emerald Green arborvitae. Many people prefer to spell them Arbor Vitae . It is a bright light green color and narrow in shape. It makes a distinctive and impressive natural fence. It is easy to grow ,plant, and keep in shape.
See our photo gallery of Arborvitae at our farms
1. Arrowhead Hunting on our Milan Pa Farms We have 1200 acres in Milan Pa. Where we allow walking and digging for arrowheads for a fee. This was once the site of an Indian Village so there is material to be found!!!!!!!
2. Our Truth or Consequences Ranch in New MexicoOur Fling X Ranch is a must for hunters of arrowheads, fossils, dino bones, and meteorites. Read about our 5000 plus or minus acres of private ranch land that is open for your relic hunting.
3. Our Recent Hunts Read about our recent trips and adventures....also info on some of our other locations....
12. Barter away your surplus for nursery stock Tired of those surplus, unwanted items, things you stumble over in the garage? Trade them away for our nursery stock ....We are serious about getting rid of our trees plants and shrubs...
13. Want Free Rocks?..... Tired of paying for rocks and boulders... Go to our ranch and collect some....Bring us afew in return...Plus, there are things to do while at the ranch.
14. Want Free Rocks? Bring us your unusual bugs..... Tired of paying for rocks and boulders... Go to our ranch and collect some....Brings us afew Bugs go home with trades from our farm and nursery. We are starting The Bucks County Bug Museum of Fountainville.